NEMLA plays an active role in facilitating communication among New England’s music libraries and the personnel who manage and conserve their collections. Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting our mission or participating in our meetings.
NEMLA membership offers many benefits:
- Add value to your professional life
- Connect with your colleagues
- Enhance your professional knowledge
- Gain access to the Collective Wisdom of the chapter listserv to participate in email discussion and receive chapter announcements
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities such as proposing presentations for the spring or fall meetings — or presenting yourself!
- Support your own work and the work of fellow music library professionals in New England
Become a NEMLA Member!
All dues are collected through the Music Library Association website. Below are instructions for renewing. Contact the MLA Business Office if you have questions about your account or if you forgot your password. Please do not create a new profile if you already have one!
The membership year is July 1 to June 30.
Regular membership: $12.00
Student/Retired membership: $6.00
(for MLA members and chapter-only members who previously created logins)
You have two options. (Either way, you will be asked to log into your existing user profile first. Please do not create a new profile!)
Instructions for new Chapter-Only Members Who are First-Time Users of This System
- Go to the MLA site and click Join.
- On the Join page, select Chapter Member Only (near the bottom of the page), then click Continue. (If you wish to join as a national member, click another category instead, and later you will be given the option to also select a chapter.)
- On the next few pages, create a username, select your desired chapter membership, and finish your user profile. Remember the login for future use.
- On the final page, confirm membership type, rate, add any donations, select a chapter (if you were also joining at the national level), finish payment information, and Submit.
- This will set up your user profile AND it will enroll you as a chapter member. Next year, use the instructions above.
NEMLA holds meetings twice a year, in the Fall and Spring.
See information about our upcoming meeting.
New England Quarter Notes. Issued Quarterly in September, December, March, and June.
Join our Google Group to receive listserv messages.