Online through Zoom
Friday, October 23, 2020
The NEMLA Program Committee has specifically designated the meetings this year to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism in Music Libraries and our Collections.
At this time, we are seeking proposals for our fall virtual meeting, scheduled to take place online on Friday, October 23, 2020. This one-day conference is an opportunity for New England-based music librarians and library staff to discuss topics related to all aspects of music librarianship and music scholarship.
The Program Committee is especially interested in proposals – either full length (40 min.) or lightning rounds (10-15 min.) – related to the following topics:
- Diversity (or the lack thereof) in music librarianship, including topics relating to inclusive descriptive practices, description of world music, collection building, outreach, etc.
- Protest music, including protest/parody music (e.g. Randy Rainbow, Tom Lehrer, Bob Marley, Childish Gambino)
- Art music by composers from diverse, non-majority groups
- Popular musics such as blues, jazz, reggae, hip hop, etc.
- Suggestions and best practices for providing remote services to patrons
Proposals for topics not on this list will also be happily considered.
If you would enjoy speaking on one of these topics, or have another topic in mind, please submit your proposal to smalmon at fas.harvard.edu by Friday, August 21, 2020.
Program committee members:
Sandi-Jo Malmon (chair)